MOEF issues notification on providing measures relating to sale and use of pet coke in the NCR States
The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (“MOEF”) has issued a notification providing measures relating to sale and use of pet coke in the NCR States.
This notification is issued in view of protecting and improving the quality of environment and preventing, controlling and abating environmental pollution in the National Capital Region (NCR) States.
Key takeaways of the notification is as follows:
- No cement plant consuming pet coke as a fuel shall operate in NCR States without obtaining the consent of and registration with the respective concerned State Pollution Control Board.
- The Consent obtained should clearly specify the quantity of fuels permitted per month and per annum vis-à-vis products produced per month and per annum.
- Industrial unit shall not be permitted to store pet coke for more than three months from date of consumption.
- Only consented and registered industrial units of NCR States shall be permitted to directly import pet coke and consignment shall be in the name of user industrial units for their own use only.
- Import of pet coke for purposes of trading shall not be permitted in NCR States.
- All end user industrial units, including oil refineries, shall submit details of pet coke purchased from different sources during the month (self-produced, imported, purchased from refineries or authorised dealers), quantity consumed during the month, and opening and closing stock to the concerned State Pollution Control Board on quarterly basis.