E-way Bill System under GST has been rolled out from 16th January, 2018 on a trial basis
The Government of India has appointed 1st February, 2018 as the date from which the E-way bill system for inter-state movement of goods shall come into force. The States may choose their own timings for implementation of e-way Bill for intra-State movement of goods on any date before1st June,2018.
However the nationwide e-way Bill System for inter-state movement of goods on trial basis has been started from today i.e 16th January, 2018.
- The Key features for generation of E way bill are:
i) The taxpayers should refer http://ewaybill.nic.in as the common portal for E-way bill.
ii) One e-way bill can go through multiple modes of transportation before reaching the destination. As per the mode of transportation, the EWB can be updated with new mode of transportation by using ‘Update Vehicle Number’.
iii) In case of rejection of the delivery of the goods by the consigner and the consignee the transporter can get one more e way bill generated with the help of the supplier recipient by indicating supply as return.
iv) In case of “Bill to” and “Ship to” models two E-way Bills shall be issued.
v) The unregistered transporters are required to get themselves enrolled by the E way bill system and obtain a 15 digits unique number which shall be shared by transporter to his clients to enter this number while generating e-waybills.
2.The various mode for generation of E way bill are:
i) Web based online mode:
E way bill can be generated using the web online using browers.
ii) Mobile App for EWB operations:
- Mobile (Android and ios) based app is developed for e-way bill operations
- All the activities of e-way bill can be done on this app
- IMEI of the mobile number needs to be registered on the EWB system to use the app
iii) SMS based E way Bill Generation:
- The Taxpayers are required to register their mobile no. with theGSTN on the E way Bill System.
- In case of generation of e- way Bill the SMS needs to be sent to 9731979899 in the prescribed format.
- In case of update of vehicle number in the E way bill the SMS shall be sent in the prescribed format i.e. “EWBV EWB_NO Vehicle ReasCode”.
- In case of cancellation of vehicle number in the E way bill the SMS shall be sent in the prescribed format i.e. “EWBG EWB_NO”.
iv) Via API ( Application Program Interface ) based:
API interface is a site-to-site integration of website of tax payer with the EWB system. API interface can be used by large tax payers, who needs to generate more than 1000 invoices / e-way bills per day.
v)Using the tool based Bulk Generation of E-way Bill.
vi) Through Third Part based system of GST Suvidha Providers.
For further information and details please refer to the attached document.