J&K PCB issues procedure and checklist for obtaining Authorization under Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management and transboundary, Movement) Rules, 2016, effective immediately
The Jammu & Kashmir State Pollution Control Board (“JKPCB”) has issued an order regarding the procedure and checklist for obtaining Authorization under Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management and Transboundary, Movement) Rules, 2016, to promote Ease of Doing Business(“EoDB”), effective immediately.
This Order applies to Occupiers of the facility who are engaged in handling, generation, collection, storage, packaging, transportation, use, treatment, processing, recycling, recovery, pre-processing, co-processing, utilization, offering for sale, transfer or disposal of Hazardous Wastes and Other Wastes.
- These Occupiers must apply for Authorization in application (Form-1) on the online portal of JKPCB, www.jkocmms.nic.in.
- No processing fee is required to be deposited for obtaining the authorization.
- The validity of authorization will as per the consent granted by the Board
- The units can operate their projects only after obtaining prior authorization under the Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management and transboundary, Movement) Rules,2016 after applying on-line on the portal of jkocmms.nic.in
The documents required for obtaining Authorization under Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management and Transboundary, Movement) Rules, 2016 are:
- Form-1 as per Rules,6(1) as an application form
- Form-4 for Annual Return
- Form-10 for transportation of hazardous wastes within the country for recycling or utilization including co-processing.
- Previous Authorization in case of Renewal of Authorization
- Documentary proof of installation of display board showing updated data of hazardous waste stored in the premises or disposed.
- Photographic proof of the labelling of the drums containing hazardous waste used at the time of disposal.
- The photographic proof of the hazardous waste storage room or site.
- A valid copy of agreement with the hazardous waste facility where hazardous waste will be disposed as per norms.
- Any other documents relating to any conditions applicable, in previous authorization (in case of Renewal).