Haryana Labour Department instructs strict adherence to checklists approved by Labour Commissioner- cum- Chief Inspector of Factories during inspection under Transparent Inspection Policy
The Labour Department of Haryana, has in an order dated 31st October, 2018 instructed that all inspections of Industrial Establishments, Factories, Shops & Commercial Establishments and Construction sites coverable for inspection under various Labour Laws needs to be done with strict adherence to the checklists approved by the Labour Commissioner-cum -Chief Inspector of Factories, Haryana, except in cases of complaint based inspections.
The Inspection Report will contain two parts. Part I will contain general information like name and address of the establishment and the Inspecting Officer, names of other persons in charge, nature of work, date and time of such inspection and total number of workers present and their shifts, and other particulars relating to registration number.
Part II will contain the observations of the Inspection Officer. Some of them are as follows:
- Whether the management has submitted application in Form No-1 along with prescribed fee for registration of establishment.
- Whether the notice of commencement of construction work sent to the concerned authority as prescribed.
- Whether the employer formulated the emergency action plan to handle the emergencies like fire and explosions, collapse of building or structures.
- Whether prescribed precautionary measures are taken in handling and disposing off debris.
- Whether the safety precautions are taken for handling explosives.
- Whether the wages paid in accordance with the prescribed provision.
Along with this, a list of violations will also be specified along with the provision reference cited from the statute.
Source: Labour Department, Haryana