Goa Government announces plan to file online consolidated / Integrated Annual Return/s under various labour laws and maintain records / registers
With a view to ease of doing business (“EODB”) and following the recommendations made by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (“Department”), the Government of Goa has announced its plan to file online Consolidated / Integrated Annual Returns and maintain records and register in a digitised manner under different labour laws.
The Goa Government has directed employers, contractors, users and other concerned persons to use the format annexed as Annexure A for filling the return under the Acts and Rules indicated in Annexure B.
The Government has also intimated that it will amend the State Rules or issue notifications under the relevant Labour Acts and Rules, to ensure such compliance.
Some of the labour laws under which consolidated/integrated returns need to be filed are as follows:
- The Goa, Daman and Diu Shops and Establishment Act, 1973 and the Rules, 1975
- The Minimum Wages Act, 1948 and Rules, 1975
- The Payment of Wages Act, 1936 and the Rules, 1964
- The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965, and the Rules, 1975
- The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 and the Rules, 1972
- The Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Condition of Service) Act, 1979 and the Rules, 1982
- The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 and the Rules, 1967
- The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 and the Rules, 1957
- The Child & Adolescent Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986 and the Rules, 1994
- The Equal Remuneration Act, 1976 and the Rules, 1976
Source: Department of Labour, Goa