EPFO issues guidelines for proper implementation of Nidhi Apke Nikat Programme stressing on grievance redressal mechanism for public
The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (“EPFO”) has issued fresh guidelines for Nidhi Apke Nikat Programme (the “Programme”) (which is used as a public interface). This programme has been initiated with the very purpose of strengthening the grievance redressal mechanism through a technology based platform. It aims to make EPFO more accessible to its stakeholders, including the employers to redress the grievances and sensitize all the stakeholders about the new initiatives undertaken in their interest by the organization.
The key highlights of the guidelines are as follows:
- The Programme should act as a Public Interface Mechanism aiming to improve the public interaction approach towards grievances of stakeholders by instituting a cordial, transparent and properly accountable system making it easily accessible to public;
- The Programme shall be conducted at the 10th day of every month and shall be presided by the Officer in Charge or in the absence of such person by the senior most officer of EPFO;
- The Programme shall also be held outside the office premises of EPFO in industrial clusters, public locations which are densely populated;
- Workshops and seminars will be organised for disseminating the information and/or facilitating the subscribers for filing online claims, downloading of e-passbook, linking of AADHAR with UAN/eKYC, SMS alert services, use of UMANG app etc.;
- A permanent board will be displayed at PRO Cell mentioning the schedule of the Programme;
- All the applications, representations, grievances and complaints received during the Programme which remained unaddressed at the day of conducting the Programme shall be properly marked to the concerned branch offices of the EPFO and shall be followed up by the officer in charge till disposal of the same.