Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers notifies ceiling price of certain scheduled formulations
In an order dated January 16, 2018 issued under the Drugs (Prices Control) Order, 2013 (“DPCO, 2013”), the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers (“Ministry”) has fixed and notified the ceiling prices, (exclusive of Goods and Services Tax) of the following scheduled formulations, in order to implement the review orders issued by the Department of Pharmaceuticals (“DOP”):
|Sl. No.||Name of the Scheduled Formulation||Dosage form & Strength||Unit||Ceiling Price
|1||N-acetylcysteine||Sachet 200mg||1 Gram||8.16|
|2||Gemcitabine||Powder for Injection 200mg||Each Pack||1063.15|
|3||Amphotericin B – Lipid/ Liposoma||Powder for Injection 50 mg||Each Pack||3402.55|
- All manufacturers of scheduled formulations, selling branded or generic or both versions of scheduled formulations at a price higher than the ceiling price (plus goods and services tax as applicable) so fixed and notified by the Government, are to revise the prices of all such formulations downward not exceeding the ceiling price as specified in the Column “Ceiling Price” in the table above.
- All the existing manufacturers of above mentioned scheduled formulations having MRP lower than the ceiling price specified in column “Ceiling Price” in the above table plus goods and services tax as applicable, if any, shall continue to maintain the existing MRP in accordance with DPCO, 2013.
- After notification of the ceiling price, the manufacturer must issue a price list in Form–V to the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (“NPPA”) through Integrated Pharmaceutical Database Management System (“IPDMS”) Portal and submit a copy to State Drug Controller and dealers.
- Every retailer and dealer must display the price list and the supplementary price list, if any, as furnished by the manufacturer, on a conspicuous part of the premises where he carries on business so that it is easily accessible to any person wishing to consult the same.
- The manufacturers of the above mentioned scheduled formulations must furnish quarterly return to the NPPA through the IPDMS Portal for production / import and sale of scheduled formulations in Form-III of Schedule-II of the DPCO, 2013.
- The manufacturers of the above mentioned scheduled formulations who wish to discontinue the production of the above said scheduled formulation must furnish such information to the NPPA in Form-IV of Schedule-II of the DPCO, 2013 in respect of the discontinuation of production and / or import of scheduled formulation at least six months prior to the intended date of discontinuation.
- The manufacturers not complying with the ceiling price specified hereinabove shall be liable to deposit the overcharged amount along with interest thereon under the provisions of the DPCO, 2013 read with Essential Commodities Act, 1955.