Government of West Bengal introduces online PC and PNDT Registration procedure in the North 24 Parganas district
The Government of West Bengal has issued an order regarding the introduction of online PC and PNDT Registration (under the Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Regulation and Prevention of Misuse) Act, 1994) in the North 24 Parganas District of West Bengal. The online procedure was expected to go live form 13th April, 2018. It seeks to bring a citizen centric, inclusive, efficient and transparent work environment through re-engineering of existing processes by using the latest technologies.
The manual system that is being used at present will continue till the new electronic process becomes effective and all existing Government rules/ Acts/ circulars already in force pertaining to this service shall be followed at present.
- Applications for PC and PNDT Registration/ Renewal will be accepted through the following ways:
- Web/internet (https: //edistrict.wb.gov.in)
- Citizen kiosk at the District HQ and the outlying Sub-division HQs
- Any of the Common Service Centres (Tathya- Mitra Kendras)
The Government officials shall accept application coming from all the above-mentioned channels. Please refer to the hyperlinked document for the detailed procedure for submission though the above-mentioned mediums.
- The approval process of issuing PC and PNDT Registration/ Renewal involve both on-line and off-line procedures. Details of the service-wise work flow along with the Government official wise responsibility is given in the hyperlinked document.
- The e-district application will also help citizens who have applied for PC and PNDT Registration/ Renewal to obtain information regarding the status of their applications. Applicants can avail the status tracking facility with their Application Identification Number.
Please note that we have come across this notification recently. We called West Bengal Health Department, Barasat Sub-division office of the Health Department and the West Bengal Tathya Mitra Kendra seeking confirmation on the status of this order. They confirmed that the online process is not yet effective as they have not received any update on this.
We will keep you posted on any further notifications on this.