Goa Labour Department categorizes industries to promote transparency in the existing system of Inspections
The Department of Labour & Employment, Government of Goa has vide a notification dated 19th October, 2017, categorized industries under high, medium and low risk to promote transparency in the existing system of inspections.
For the purpose of inspection, an establishment would be selected based on the risk criteria of industry. All high risk industries would be inspected by concerned Labour Inspectors. Medium risk establishments would have an option to choose between departmental inspection and third party inspection. All low risk establishments are exempted from inspection and third party certification in lieu of submission of self-certification for compliance with the following applicable labour laws:
- The Equal Remuneration Act, 1976.
- The Minimum Wages Act, 1948.
- The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
- The Goa, Daman and Diu Labour Welfare Act, 1986.
- The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- The Payment of Wages Act, 1936.
- The Inter State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Condition of Service) Act, 1979.
- The Motor Transport Workmen Act, 1961.
- The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970.
- The Goa, Daman & Diu Shops and Establishments Act, 1973.
The categorization of different industries under high, medium or low risk, has been provided in the attached notification.
Source – Official Gazette, Government of Goa.