EPFO introduces the facility to consolidate multiple PF accounts of an employee into one PF account
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (“EPFO”), vide a notification dated 1st December, 2017, has informed that a facility has been provided to the members to merge their earlier Provident Fund (“PF”) accounts to their present PF accounts, in order to integrate all PF accounts in the current Universal Account Number (“UAN”) activated PF account.
The said functionality is available in the EPFO website ( http://18.104.22.168/UANDEDUP/.).
Key features of the said functionality:
- A member has to provide his/her current activated UAN along with the current member ID and mobile number, as registered at the UAN Member Portal.
- On validating these credentials, the EPFO will facilitate the member to register his/her Employees’ Provident Fund (“EPF”) accounts.
- Members can enter details of as many as 10 previous PF account numbers.
- The PF Member IDs as provided by the members will be forwarded to the EPFO field office to which the ID pertains.
- The function of the field officers includes updating the status in respect of the member ID. Accordingly, they may mark the cases as settled or rejected.
- In case of invalid claim ID, the case is kept pending and messages (SMS) will be sent to the members regarding the same. Office wise pendency list will also be sent to the respective offices for further necessary action at their end.
Please refer to the hyperlinked source below for further details.