West Bengal Government clears the Single Window System (Management, Control and Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill, 2017
Recently on 10th August, 2017, the Government of West Bengal has passed the West Bengal Single Window System (Management, Control and Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill, 2017 (“Bill”).
The Bill will come into force on a date appointed by the Government of West Bengal in the Official Gazette.
The object of the Bill is to facilitate investors in obtaining services for setting up industries and operating business in a smooth and time bound manner, through the Single Window System web-portal maintained by Silpa Sathi (Silpa Sathi is established under the West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation).
[Services as per this Bill is defined under Section 2(h) i.e. “Services” means grant / issue of permissions, approvals, certificates, enrolments, registrations, licences, allotments, consents, no objection certificates and includes incentives to be granted by any competent authority to set up and operate a business].
Key takeaways of the Bill:
- The West Bengal Government will, by way of a notification establish a High – Powered Committee, for management and control of the Single Window System.
- The Single Window System will include the following:
- Online approvals, tracking of real time status of application and delivery of services.
- Online payment mechanism.
- Provision for online submission of common application.
- Applicants will receive notification of approval / rejection of their application by way of SMS / e-mail.
- The Head of competent authority concerned, will receive the status of pending applications, by way of SMS / e-mail.
The Rules under this law will be enacted by the West Bengal Government to carry out the procedural requirements under this Bill.
The text of the Bill is attached for your reference.
Source: West Bengal Legislative Assembly