Telangana Labour Department extends the scope of filing common Periodical Returns and maintaining Integrated Register for certain other labour laws like, Maternity Benefit Act, Payment of Bonus Act, etc.
With a move to reduce the burden of compliance on Industries in Telangana and resolve the issue of multiplicity of Returns and Registers under various labour laws, the Labour Employment Training & Factories (Labour) Department, Telangana (“Department”) had issued the Simplification Procedure for Furnishing of Return and Integrated Register by an Establishment under various Labour Laws in the year 2016 (“Principal Order”). The Principal Order has been modified on March, 2019, which has further expanded the scope of laws to be considered for filing common Periodical Returns in Form – I and maintaining Integrated Register in Form – II & III.
What the Principal Order covered?
- The Telangana Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Rules, 1971
- Telangana Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Condition of Service) Rules, 1982
- Telangana Minimum Wages Rules, 1960
- Telangana Payment of Wages Rules,1938
- The Motor Transport Workers Rules, 1963
- The Telangana Building and Other Constructions Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 1999
- The Telangana Beedi and Cigar Workers (Conditions of Employment) Rules, 1968
- The Telangana Shops and Establishments Rules, 1990
- Telangana Factories Rules, 1950
The labour laws which have now come within the scope of consolidated/integrated returns are stated below:
- Industrial Disputes (Central) Rules, 1957
- Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess Rules, 1998
- Payment of Bonus Rules 1975
- Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- Maternity Benefit (Mines & Circus) Rules, 1963
Source: Labour Employment Training & Factories (Labour) Department, Telangana