Tamil Nadu PCB requests industries to take necessary steps to control the spread of dengue
In light of the steps taken by the Tamil Nadu Government to contain the spread of dengue in the state, the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board has recently issued a notice requesting industries in Tamil Nadu to ensure the following:
- The entire premise of the industrial unit is kept clean.
- No stagnation/ ponding of freshwater anywhere in the premises and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Undertake regular fogging in the premises and the surroundings
- Create awareness amongst workers by way of organizing meetings, displaying necessary information in the notice board, distribution of pamphlet etc.
- Organise medical camps in association with the Health Department / District Administration in the nearest villages/ town with wide publicity for screening and also provide medical assistance.
- Refer any person identified with dengue fever, to the nearest hospital for further treatment.