Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board notifies a list of fuels as ‘Approved Fuels’ under the Air Act
The Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board, in an Office Order dated 22nd January, 2019 has notified a list of fuels as ‘Approved Fuels’ under the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 (“Air Act”) applicable to the State of Rajasthan.
The following list of fuels will be considered as ‘Approved Fuels’ as per the definition under the Air Act.
- Petrol (MS) including Branded MS (as per the Notification of Government of India as amended from time to time)
- Diesel (HSD) including branded HSD (as per the Notification of Government of India as amended from time to time)
- Kerosene (SKO) (as per the Notification of Government of India as amended from time to time)
- Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) / Propane / Butane
- Natural Gas / Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) / Piped Natural Gas (PNG) / LNG
- Aviation Turbine Fuel
- Firewood / Wood Charcoal
- All Types of bio fuel / Biogas
- Refuse Derived Fuel (From Waste to Energy Plants)
- Coal / Coke / Lignite
- Biomass / Agriculture refuse and / or briquettes made from Biomass made from biomass / agriculture refuse
- Dung Cake
- Waste suitable for co-processing in Cement Kilns approved by Central Pollution Control Board,
- LDO / LSHS / Naptha
- Hydrogen / Methane
However, the fuels disallowed by the State Government for particular use / area time to time in the State of Rajasthan will not be covered under purview of this Office Order as approved fuels.