Procedure for submission of Maharashtra VAT Audit Report for the Financial Year 2017-18
Commissioner of State Tax-Maharashtra has issued a Circular No 25T/2018 to clarify the procedure to upload Audit Report in Form e704 for the dealers who are eligible to file such audit report for Financial Year 2017-18.
The dealers are required to follow the following procedure-
- The eligible dealers are requested to first download the available version of the Audit Report in Form e704 from the “Downloads” Section of the web sitewww.mahagst.gov.in.
- The template downloaded from the web site www.mahagst.gov.in shall be filled in and validated to create a .txt file which shall be uploaded by the dealer using his credentials to access e Services on the web site www.mahagst.gov.in.
- Upon successful uploading of Form e704 on the website, dealer and auditor will be sent an email confirmation (on email Ids mentioned in Form e704). The Acknowledgement of Form 704 and the Statement of Submission will be sent to the dealer within next 24 hours, through email (on email Id mentioned in Form e704).
- The dealer shall take print of the Statement of Submission of Audit Report generated after successful uploading of the audit report and certify the same under his Signature, Stamp and Seal with date.
- The dealer shall also take print the Acknowledgement generated after uploading of Audit Report in Form-704, certify the same under his and his auditors Signature, Stamp and Seal with date.
The last date for filing of audit report in Form e704, for the financial year 2017-18, is 15 January, 2019 and the last date for submission of Statement of Submission of Audit Report generated and Acknowledgement is 25 January, 2019 . For the year 2017-18 dealers whose registration has been cancelled by virtue of GST those dealers are required to file Audit report if aggregate of their turnover of sales and the value of goods transferred to any other place of his business or of his agent or principal, situated outside the State, not by reason of sale or turnover of purchases, exceeds rupees twenty five lakh.