Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises issues notification laying down the procedure for filing Udhyog Aadhaar Memorandum
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (“Ministry”) has issued a notification (No. S.O. 85(E)) (“Notification”) on 10th January, 2017, thereby, laying down the procedure for filing Udhyog Aadhaar Memorandum (“UAM”) by a micro, small or medium enterprises.
In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 8(2) of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006 (“Act”), this notification has been issued.
The key highlights of the Notification are as follows:
- The UAM can be filed online on the website of the Ministry at http://udyogaadhar.gov.in
- The UAM has to be filed by the micro, small and medium enterprise, which are engaged in manufacture of goods or rendering of services and have the total investment in machinery below the limit specified in Section 7 of the Act.
- The UAM should be filed only after establishing the unit, having obtained all regulatory approvals and start of commercial operations.
- Any number of activities including manufacturing or service or both should be specified in the memorandum.
- The proprietor in case of a proprietorship firm, the partner in case of a partnership firm, the karta in case of a hindu undivided family (HUF) should provide their aadhaar number in the memorandum.
- For a company or a limited liability partnership or a cooperative society or a society or a trust, the Permanent Account Number of the organization along with the aadhaar number of the authorized signatory has to be specified in the memorandum.
- The UAM should be filed on self-certification basis and no additional document is required to be uploaded at the time of filing.
- No fee is levied for the filing of UAM.
- The UAM registration has replaced the Entrepreneurship Memorandum-II (EM-II) and Small Scale Industry Registration for all purposes.
Earlier, the EM-II registration was required before setting up an enterprise. Applicants used to file application for obtaining utilities, building plan approval from local bodies, consent to establish from State Pollution Control Board or applying for term loan from bank or financial institution to set up the enterprise along with a copy of the EM-I.
Now, there is no requirement of registration before establishing an enterprise.