Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution extends the validity of old standards for Multipurpose Dry Batteries and Heavy Duties Dry Batteries till April 30, 2019
In a notification dated April 27, 2018, bearing no. S.O. 1776(E), the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution (“Ministry”) had notified the establishment of Indian Standards for the following-
- Stationary Storage Type Electric Water Heater
- Primary Batteries- General
- Multipurpose Dry Batteries
The notification had further specified the dates for cancellation of earlier standards for the said products.
Now, through a corrigendum dated November 1, 2018, the Ministry has extended the date of cancellation of the following standards from October 19, 2018 to April 30, 2019-
- IS 8144 : 1997 Multipurpose Dry Batteries- Specification (First Revision)
- IS 9128 : 1999 Heavy Duties Dry Batteries- Specification (First Revision)
Accordingly, these standards will be in force till April 30, 2019.