MCA issues Report of the High Level Committee on Corporate Social Responsibility 2018
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has issued a Report of the High Level Committee on Corporate Social Responsibility 2018 (“Committee”) on August, 2019.
The Committee was constituted to review the existing framework and formulate a roadmap for future implementation. Following are the points that the Committee considered in the Report:
- To review the CSR framework as per the provisions of law and various Circulars issued from time to time;
- To recommend guidelines for enforcement of CSR provisions;
- To suggest measures for adequate monitoring and evaluation of CSR by companies;
- To examine and recommend audit (financial and social) for CSR, as well as, analyse outcomes of CSR activities/programmes/projects;
- Any other matter incidental / connected thereto.
Source : Ministry of Corporate Affairs