Himachal Pradesh Industries Department issues the Draft Himachal Pradesh Single Window (Investment Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2017
With a view to promote industrial development in Himachal Pradesh, the Department of Industries, Government of Himachal Pradesh has issued the Draft Himachal Pradesh Single Window (Investment Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2017 (“Draft Act”).
The Draft Act provides for time bound clearances for setting up of an industrial undertaking and commencement of production.
Key Takeaways of the Draft Act:
- Single window nodal officers will receive applications on an electronic media through a web portal specifically created for this purpose from any entrepreneur relating to industrial undertaking to be set up in the State from time to time and thereafter examining and processing forward to the concerned designated nodal officer of other Government Departments/ Agency for comments.
- On specific requests from the applicant (s), the State Level Single Window Clearance and Monitoring Authority may recommend the State Government for a grant of a special financial incentive package over and above the policy provisions for such new or existing industrial undertakings/ projects/ investment proposals, if the same is in the interest of the State.
- All investment proposals above Rs. 10.0 crore for setting up and expansion of existing industrial undertaking shall be placed for approval before the State Level Single Window Clearance and Monitoring Authority.
- Any proposal for setting up of an industry in the State which has been rejected and the rejection has been conveyed to the applicant by the Single Window Nodal Officer, the applicant may prefer an appeal, within a period of 45 days of such rejection being conveyed to him, citing in details his reasons which merits reconsideration, to the Member Secretary of the State Level Single Window Clearance and Monitoring Authority.
- The Department Single Window Nodal Officer will be the Competent Authority who will exercise the powers for granting clearances and the like required from the concerned Department.
Source: Department of Industries, Government of Himachal Pradesh