ESIC and DGFASLI sign MOU for prevention of occupational health hazards
In a recent press release, the Ministry of Labour and Employment (“Ministry”) has informed that a Memorandum of Understanding (“MoU”) has been signed between the Employee’s State Insurance Corporation (“ESIC”) and Directorate General Factory Advice Service & Labour Institutes (“DGFASLI”) for collaboration in the field of occupational health for preventing occupational injuries and diseases.
The MOU is effective 11th July, 2017 and will remain in effect for 3 years.
The MOU aims to provide social security to the workers across the country, help in spreading awareness for healthy working conditions and provide good quality life for the workers.
Key highlights of the MoU:
- Special focus has been paid to unsecured working conditions in the formal and informal sectors.
- Establishment of ‘DGFASLI-ESIC Occupational Health Training, Research & Development Centre’ (OHTRDC) at Regional Labour Institute, Faridabad followed by other institutes located at Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and Kanpur.
- Assessment of occupational safety and health challenges in all the spheres of economic activity.
- Special activities for prevention and control of Asbestosis, Silicosis and other occupational diseases.
- Development of training modules for different target groups.
Source: Press Bureau of India